CHILD CARE WORKERS, TEACHERS, COUNSELLORS, PSYCHOLOGISTS, PSYCHIATRISTS AND TRAINEES
- Annie Stories by Doris Brett (Hale & Iremonger)
Therapeutic storytelling techniques, to help children deal with everyday issues such as birth of a sibling, nightmares, fears and relaxation, death of a loved one and divorce.
- Theres A Light At The End Of The Tunnel - Self-help and hope for sufferers of depression by Joan Zawatzky (Hybrid Publishers, 2002)
Written in simple, non technical language, this book offers sufferers of depression, their loved ones and those working with them, a comprehensive, self-help guide to recovery. It is a balanced, compassionate approach to help the total person.
In her own counselling practice, Joan uses structured, objective techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy together with the subjective methods of storytelling and metaphor. This has proved to be a positive recipe for overcoming depression and it is these successful strategies that form the cornerstone of the book which includes:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy that breaks down negativity and destructive thinking and helps to overcome depression.
- Case histories and explanations describing the many forms of depression, its causes, symptoms and the treatments available.
- Inspirational tales to bring hope and motivate recovery.
- Life on a Roller-Coaster by Madeleine Kelly (Simon & Schuster)
This is an encouraging and empowering resource for anyone who lives with manic-depression whether theyre on the roller-coaster or watching from the ground. It was recently awarded SANE Australias inaugural Book of the Year Award.
- Making Dreams Come True by Vicki Bennett (Hodder Headline, 1996)
Visualisation and practical exercises to help children set and achieve their goals. Suitable for use with children in early primary school through to adults. Set out to be read with and by young children. (96 pp.)
- Royal Childrens Hospital Safety & First Aid Book by Jennifer Brown and Tony Walker (Lothian)
A practical guide to emergency first aid, safety, injuries and illnesses.
GOLVAN ARTS MANAGEMENT • PO Box 766, Kew, Victoria 3101 Australia • firstname.lastname@example.org