Contemporary Orchestral Composer
Benedict Deane-Johns is one of Australias outstanding young composers, who at the age of 29 ( Born Melbourne, Australia - 03/04/71) has composed for film, theatre and dance in addition to mounting many performances (both live and recorded) of his contemporary orchestral music. His music embodies influences as varied as Celtic, 20th century orchestral, jazz, contemporary dance and film music.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Music (trumpet) - Victorian College of the Arts; Graduate Diploma in Composition for Film and Television - Faculty of Music, Melbourne University.
Other Interests: Aikido, Celtic History, Environmental Issues, Politics, Reading, Swimming, Taoism.
- Production of The Prophet (Melbourne Fringe Festival)
- Doolkoora (final recital VCA)
- Contemporary Dance Piece To Pave (Ecorche Dance Company)
- 100 Bricks (SBS Film)
- String Quartet No. 1 performed live at Melba Hall
- The Fall performed live at Melba Hall
- A Distant Field (VCA Post-Graduate Film)
- Film Characters (Groundswell Films)
- Completion of The River for solo piano and String Quartet No. 2
- Ode to the God of Fire performed by Michael Kieran Harvey at the Melbourne International Festival
- Release of the CD Ode to the God of Fire
- Composition of a score for the feature film Spring and the Folding Hearts
- Original music for a new SBS documentary entitled Moving On
- Composition and orchestration of songs for a new Celtic album
- Composition and arrangement Alaska Highway CD - London
- Series of meetings with film directors - UK & France
- Production - EP for Tamara Kuldin (musical direction and orchestration)
- Completion of a new Celtic/World Music album
- Large new works for Rob Smithies (solo trumpet and full orchestra), Michael Kieran Harvey (solo piano) and The Melbourne Brass Ensemble
GOLVAN ARTS MANAGEMENT • PO Box 766, Kew, Victoria 3101 Australia • firstname.lastname@example.org